How it works

Through ShopDonation you can donate for free by shopping at any affiliated webshops. You only need to click on the shop icon (such as CottonOn, Loot, NetFlorist etc.) and make a purchase as per normal once redirected to that online store. This does not cost you anything extra, and you can choose which cause you want to support for each purchase.

Sounds too good to be true? We'll take it as a compliment ;)

Where does this donation come from?

When ShopDonation delivers a customer to a webshop, we receive a commission as a reward. This commission is often a percentage of the purchase price, or sometimes a fixed amount (decided on by the retailer). ShopDonation gives 60% of this commission to the cause of your choice! We use the other 40% to cover the expenses of running and updating the ShopDonation system successfully.

Example:

You buy a T-shirt for R100. Because you shopped through ShopDonation, we receive R10 commission from the webshop, of which R6 (60% of R10) automatically goes to the cause that you have chosen to support.
 

Confirmation of your donation

ShopDonation is the only platform where you can get a confirmation of your donation by email, as well as in your ShopDonation-account. When creating a user account, your email address will never be shared with other parties, not even the cause you have supported. Read more on how we fully protect your privacy.

Stay anonymous

If you don't wish to create a user account, that's fine too. You can still support your cause by shopping anonymously, without logging in. In this case, we can't send you an (email) confirmation though. You can verify your donation by checking the 'recent donations' at the bottom of the homepage, or contacting the project you have chosen to support.

Always know which cause you're supporting

At the top of the stores page, you'll always see which cause is supported as soon as you go shopping. You can change this yourself at any time and when you're logged in, your chosen cause will be saved.

You're making a unique difference

Since most people shop on a recurring basis, this means the social projects registered on ShopDonation can receive a much-needed recurring, ongoing source of income, which is very difficult to generate for nonprofits. So even your smallest, recurring online purchases do make a difference.

If you're part of a cause, read how much you can expect to raise using ShopDonation here.

Hundreds of users and causes verify ShopDonation daily

All projects can see live how much has been raised via their account. For each donation, both users and causes can see if the amount has been paid out or when it will be paid out. Any possible discrepancy can be checked by both parties, back to the first purchase since the beginning of ShopDonation. Read more about how ShopDonation is verified daily by users and causes here.

Help spread the word

ShopDonation is growing bigger and bigger, but not everyone knows about ShopDonation yet. Your help by telling others can help us redefine success in the e-commerce ecosystem by redistributing more profits to social causes. 

Because we give the majority of our income away as donations though, ShopDonation does not have a big corporate pool with funds to set up large ads or make commercials on TV. It is because common people decided to spread the word, that our concept has been making a bigger and bigger impact on the world. Thus, we thank you if you share this concept with others too!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn

We're always open to possible collaborations with like-minded brands, sponsorships or answering questions for media interviews.

Let's make a shift in the right direction together :)

Kirstyn Liang

Administrator and Licensee at ShopDonation ZA

kirstyn@shopdonation.co.za