You may already find your answer below or in our FAQ:
There are 4 payout dates per year, wherein the payment is made after a minimum of R300 has been raised. There is always a minimum period of 3 months between the moment of donation and the paying out of this.
On 01-01 the amount paid out is collected from donations during 01-07 to 30-09*
On 01-04 the amount paid out will be collected from donations during 01-10 to 31-12*
On 01-07 the amount is paid from donations during 01-01 to 31-03*
On 01-10 the amount paid out will be collected from donations during 01-04 to 30-06*
*If in a quarter the minimum of R300 is not achieved, then the amount shifts to the next period, until this minimum of R300 is achieved.
You can check which status a transaction has in My account > My project. This way you can always keep an eye on how much has been collected and how much will be paid out.
It can take up to 24 hours before you can see a confirmation of the donation in your account and for you to receive a confirmation email. If you still have not received confirmation after 24 hours, please fill out the contact form.
When can something go wrong?
- If you have previously clicked on the webshop via another affiliate website, such as a discount code website/comparison website. In this case, the commission will go to this affiliate website instead of ShopDonation and the donation will not come through.
- If you have installed Adblocker. Cookies are blocked and the tracking process does not work. Turn this off while shopping via ShopDonation.
- If the cookie settings on a device are 'very strict', the tracking process does not work. *Computers at working places are often quite restricted.
Tips that help the registration of the purchase
- Do not interrupt the ordering process
- Do not make a purchase through multiple computers
- Wait until you reach the "thank-you page".
Do not approach the webshop yourself
- The cooperation between the webshop and ShopDonation is only known to the marketing department of the webshop (as the cooperation is based on the ''affiliate marketing'' principle, we are technically part of their advertising).
When you approach the customer service of a webshop, they will most probably not know anything about the cooperation with ShopDonation, unless you speak to someone from their marketing department.
Rather send the missed purchase to ShopDonation, then we will approach our contact person from the webshop.
Before an online store can be added to the collection of ShopDonation, a shop/company first has to make the choice to take part in "affiliate marketing".
You have to register as a webshop at a site like Affiliate.co.za, OfferForge, CJ or AdMarula. These affiliate marketing directories take care of the entire tracking process, i.e. the storage of the cookies, the registration of the click-through path from ShopDonation to the relevant online retailer, and the commission being correctly allocated to ShopDonation.
We have also registered with the above-mentioned tracking systems, so from there we can agree to enter into a collaboration.
Didn't find the answer to your question? Contact us through this form and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.